What Makes Us Different
- Unlike most attorneys Gran McKerlie did not grow up in affluent suburbs of Chicago such as Naperville, Palatine or Lake Forest. Mr McKerlie grew up with a single mother in Waukegan and graduated from Zion-Benton Township High School. Due to his upbringing in these low income areas riddled with crime, gangs and violence Mr. McKerlie saw first hand how one mistake can affect the rest of your life. As such Mr. McKerlie can relate and empathize with those who are subjected to the criminal justice system better than most other attorneys . That's why Mr. McKerlie takes pride in assisting local underprivileged persons in need of legal help, and believes that no case is unimportant.
- While in law school, Gran interned with an Illinois Supreme Court 711 license at the Kane County Public Defenders' Office helping indigent defendants resolve their legal issues. Gran McKerlie is a tireless advocate for his clients and takes on each case with the utmost seriousness. Gran McKerlie believes that no case is unimportant and every client deserves the right to adequate and fierce legal representation when the government is attempting to take away life, liberty or property.
- In 2018 Gran received his Juris Doctorate from Arizona Summit Law School in Phoenix, Arizona where he was President of the Federalist Society Arizona Summit Chapter for the 2017-2018 school year. Gran was admitted to practice law in Illinois in 2018.
- In 2015 Gran received his Bachelor's Degree from Black Hills State University in Spearfish, South Dakota where he majored in political science and minored in U.S. History.
- Gran McKerlie was born in Waukegan, Illinois and lived there until he was a teenager. He then moved to Zion, Illinois where he graduated from Zion-Benton Township High School in 2008.
Jury Trial Experience
In today's current legal system, 99% of cases never reach the stage of jury trial, which means most attorneys, even some who have been practicing for years, have little to no jury trial experience. Mr. McKerlie however has tried and took part in many cases before juries in Illinois and Arizona, in both criminal and civil cases. Mr. McKerlie has also obtained a NOT GUILTY verdict in an attempt murder case out of Lake County, Illinois. Judges and prosecutors know who the experienced and serious trial attorneys are as opposed to other attorneys that do not try cases. Thus, when making your decision on who to hire be sure to consult with someone like Mr. McKerlie who has jury trial experience.